turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Self employed
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
My question is do I just put the employee contribution amount or the the employer contribution for the question of the amount of the contribution that is attributed to my business?
Nyc777 ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post yesterday by mahimahimom
I have just formed an LLC to start consulting. I lost my previous job at the end of Jan 2024 and my put me on her insurance (we had both been on my prior company's insurance until Feb 1 2024). To add me, she has to pay an additional premium per paych... read more
sutherlandws ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post Tuesday by DoninGA
Answers are the same as last year but this year I have a Net file error. Facts are the same.
dianastevens-the ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Tuesday by CatinaT1
Good afternoon, I have finally completed our information!!!! but now on the Sign Your Return page it is asking for "Signature - 2023 e-filing PIN" but it won't take our IRS PIN!! I get an error message telling me there are too many digits! Please adv... read more
kare2k13 ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Monday by DawnC
My extension was rejected. It appear it has to do with my 1099NEC. When TurboTax checks my return, it says "1099NEC form doesn't include enough info for us to know where to report the income on your return" even though I've answered all the questions... read more
gcunningh ‎Posted Monday | Latest post Monday by CatinaT1
I am in the process of finding a new job. I am open to 1099 work but prefer W2.So I wanted to establish an LLC so that if paid on 1099 it’s thru my LLC.I am trying to be prepared for 1099 employment situations (hence the LLC) but am hoping for W2. Is... read more
vze56v6x ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Monday by tagteam
I received an EIDL loan. I understand that the interest is deductible as a business expense.Is the repayment of the loan principle considered aa a repayment of government unemployment benefits?
CGKLC ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post Friday by JulieS
0452198736b6 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Friday by CatinaT1
I have been a longtime customer of QuickBooks and TurboTax. For the last several years we have done the bundle with QuickBooks Self-Employed and TurboTax Self-Employed, and I have never had any problems. I got started on our taxes a week or so ago, b... read more
tennbelle ‎Posted January 23, 2024 | Latest post a week ago by cynthiartistry
I finally got the "check return" stage for my taxes. I keep getting errors asking me to enter the "basis of gassification" for my K1 limited partnerships. These are not oil and gas business. Other posts seem to suggests that this triggered by enterin... read more
vossko ‎Posted March 9, 2024 | Latest post a week ago by PatriciaV
His box one of his w-2 does not include the Housing Allowance regarding the Self-Employment tax, He must pay S/E on the Housing Allowance how to enter in the turbo tax program to reflect it being taxed for S/E. I did check the box indicating Religiou... read more
1745 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by DawnC
Hi! I recently filed my taxes but I'm wondering if I have to amend them for one specific area. I received a 1099-MISC from Twitch, but it did not equal the amount of money I received for the year of 2023 in payouts. I ended up reporting what I made f... read more
arjay68 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by DawnC
I have been collecting for 30 years and have many boxes of inventory (about $10,000). I am older and decided to start selling my inventory on Ebay and Etsy this past year to supplement my income. Trying to do the Schedule C part 3, but as a new busin... read more
Biographics162 ‎Posted April 7, 2023 | Latest post a week ago by Dorisann
Is the vehicle section in self employed taxes just to deduct milage and do i need to list my work trucks in as a asset as well
Rlambertsen1029 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by AnnetteB6
j-shyann23 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post a week ago by TomK2023
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies