Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luxraven

calculation error

Greetings

I used TurboTax Online (Small Business), and have been using the Online version for years, generally happy with it. However this year, there was a vast difference between the 2023 TurboTax BALANCE DUE and the CRA BALANCE DUE, which was explained on the CRA Notice of Assessment as: "We changed your total payable ... because of a calculation error."

If there were errors in the TurboTax calculations, and I made no calculations, but merely input numbers from my spreadsheets... then, this is something that needs correcting for next year! The miscalculation was an unpleasant surprise of more than $600. Thankfully, I was able to catch it and pay it before the April 30th deadline, so I didn't happen to incur any CRA penalties.

Can U shed any light on this?

Thanks.

2 Replies
luxraven

calculation error

Please Note:  This looks like a similar issue to the "Turbotax Errors" question from BobC .

Yes... What is being done about this?

Many thanks.

calculation error

We guarantee our calculations are 100% accurate.*
If you pay a penalty because of a TurboTax calculation error, we'll reimburse you the penalty and interest.
Does not include calculation errors due to errors in CRA tables.

How do I submit a claim under the TurboTax 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.