Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access my 2023 return - says still in progress, but was completed ages ago

Hi, I'm needing to access my 2023 return to gather some information. My return was submitted ages ago, I have my notice of assessment and everything is complete - but the status in turbotax online is still "In progress" and it's not in the list of saved filed returns. How do I access what I filed? 

5 Replies

Can't access my 2023 return - says still in progress, but was completed ages ago

What you see in your 2023 return is what you have filed. You can verify by going to the "File" section of your return and continuing to see if there is a NetFIle Confirmation number. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you for the reply - but when I log into TurboTax, I only have an option to continue my 2023 return or start a new 2023 return. If I click continue the only option I have is to hand off my taxes to an expert. But my return was files months ago, I have an noc and I received my refund - it looks like the expert who filed my taxes didn't update the system to show they've been filed. Any ideas?

Did you get your questions answered we see that you called in yesterday.

Hi, yes thank you. I managed to speak to someone and get it resolved. Apparently with the "full service" option the return are not stored under "my returns", but as a document in "documents" as a summary. Not sure if the return will ever be "complete" in the system, but I got the information I needed.

Great to hear - have a wonderful day!