Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Climate Action Incentive - I indicated "NO" about living in a rural area. TurboTax is still giving me the addit 10%. How do I correct this? I live in a metropolitan area?

1 Reply

Climate Action Incentive - I indicated "NO" about living in a rural area. TurboTax is still giving me the addit 10%. How do I correct this? I live in a metropolitan area?

Ensure your software is updated.

This credit is automatically applied to your tax return, based on the initial entries at the beginning of your tax return starting with the province entry, even before you enter your income and expenses. 

This is a Federal Tax Credit that is reflective of the province you live in. Go back to your provincial tab and ensure you have correctly entered all information. If you are still getting this extra 10% then proceed to contact our support team for further assistance with instructions below.

Answer the questions, so it guides you towards the right team.  Apply the drop downs and you will get a phone number specified to your question (ie - support, care):