Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qusw

CRA won't let me download my spouse's T slips when I'm in the middle of doing a joint return. How do you get that to work?

1 Reply

CRA won't let me download my spouse's T slips when I'm in the middle of doing a joint return. How do you get that to work?

If you do not expect to get a tax slip

You have 2 options:

Option 1:
Get your tax slip from the CRA

You may be able to get a slip for a current or previous year if the issuer sent them to the CRA.

Online:

If you use My Account, you may be able to view your tax slips online.

By phone:
Get tax slips by phone
Option 2:
Estimate your income without tax slips

If you can't get a slip in time to file your taxes, you can estimate your income. Add up your pay stubs or financial statements to estimate the amount of income to report and any related deductions and credits you can claim.

Include a note with your return stating the name and address of the issuer of the slip, the type of income, and what you are doing to get the slip.

• If you file electronically: Keep all of your documents in case the CRA asks to see them later.
  • If you file a paper return: Attach a copy of the pay stubs or statements and your note to your paper return. Keep your original documents.

For more information, please see the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) link as Tax slips: Get a copy of your slips

Thank you for using TurboTax