Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misaor86

Good Evening, I have just filed my tax return to CRA. I was wondering how I am going to received the tax return if I did not provide any bank account. Thanks

2 Replies

Good Evening, I have just filed my tax return to CRA. I was wondering how I am going to received the tax return if I did not provide any bank account. Thanks

If you are not enrolled in direct deposit, Canada Revenue Agency will mail out your refund cheque to the address you provided in your file.

Please see this Canada Revenue Agency link to sign up for Direct deposit.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax!

If you did not provide a bank account when you filed your tax return with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), there are two main options for receiving your tax refund:

1. Cheque: If you did not provide bank account information, the CRA will issue you a cheque and mail it to the address on file. This can take several weeks or longer to arrive, depending on processing times and the speed of mail delivery.

2. Direct deposit : If you would prefer to receive your tax refund via direct deposit, you can still provide your bank account information to the CRA after you file your return. You can do this by using the My Account service on the CRA website, or by calling the CRA's automated phone service (1-800-959-8281). Once the CRA has your bank account information on file, they will be able to deposit your refund directly into your account.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.