Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello I made a mistake and filled up tax 2021 except 2022 I want to delete my 2021 tax and start to filled up the tax 2022,what should I do?

1 Reply

Hello I made a mistake and filled up tax 2021 except 2022 I want to delete my 2021 tax and start to filled up the tax 2022,what should I do?

No, you can't delete your 2021 tax return but if you’ve made an error on your tax return and need to amend it, there are a few ways to do so that you’ll find quite simple. First and foremost, if you need to amend your tax return, do not file another return for that year. Amendments can be made for 10 previous years. There are three ways to make amendments to your tax return:

• through CRA My Account:

Requesting an Amendment Online through CRA My Account (or Represent a Client on behalf of someone else)

Requesting an amendment to your tax return online simply requires you to log in to your CRA My Account and click “Change my return”.  You select the line that needs to be corrected and input the corrected value.

• ReFile using your tax solution:

Depending on the year of the return you want to adjust, you might be able to make the correction, using your tax software, like TurboTax, and then remit using the ReFILE option.  You can make changes to your current and previous 2 tax years through Re-FILE using the same software you used to file originally.

• or by mail:

You will have to complete a T1 Adjustment Request. You can download a PDF copy of the T1-ADJ form from the CRA’s website.

How Can I Amend My Tax Return? 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.