Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I want to re-file my tax return but I had submitted it back on April 23rd. I found additional deductions so I want to refile. How do I do this.

I have updated my return but when I do to file it says I have already done so and doesn't give me another option.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi I want to re-file my tax return but I had submitted it back on April 23rd. I found additional deductions so I want to refile. How do I do this.

You're not able to file twice in a given year.
Wait until you are assessed by CRA, then submit a 2016 Request for Adjustment on form T1-Adj.

If you have My Account you can use the Change My Return feature, but still wait until assessment is completed. But you will need to submit slips or receipts to support any claims for additional credits.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You're not able to file twice in a given year.
Wait until you are assessed by CRA, then submit a 2016 Request for Adjustment on form T1-Adj.

If you have My Account you can use the Change My Return feature, but still wait until assessment is completed. But you will need to submit slips or receipts to support any claims for additional credits.