Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get TurboTax to sync with CRA status, as it crashed after Netfile, and I can't get my NOA - still says 'Finish and File'.

I had typed all of this above, but it said I could only use 107 characters...retyping

Anyway, I successfully filed both mine and my wifes returns. I obtained my NOA by logging into CRA via TurboTax. I then tried to get my wifes NOA, but TurboTax crashed. When I started it again, and went to Netfile, it thinks I need to 'Finish and File' even though I have already done that. Is there a way to synchronize TurboTax with the CRA Netfile status?

2 Replies
qvminich
Returning Member

How can I get TurboTax to sync with CRA status, as it crashed after Netfile, and I can't get my NOA - still says 'Finish and File'.

By CRA status do you mean that your are using the quick feature whereby CRA's info about you gets transferred to Turbo Tax? If so I would advise to bypass that feature. The reason is that CRA never get all your receipts in a timely manner. I checked yesterday and they only have 1 of my 6 RRSP receipts so if I let their system do the filing for me I would have to amend later to better reflect my tax situation. Perhaps that is why it is crashing because they are not up to date with your info. If that isn't what you meant then I don't have an answer for you.

QV

Rerun your netfile and don't select the NOA after. It might also work if you completely close the browser (not just the tab) that TT connected you to CRA with (if you decide to choose the NOA part). I decided to skip it when I reran the Netfile and everything is okay in TT now.