Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove the Alberta Climate Incentive from the Turbo Tax calculation for my deductions because my spouse has already claimed it?

1 Reply

How can I remove the Alberta Climate Incentive from the Turbo Tax calculation for my deductions because my spouse has already claimed it?

I found the answer myself to my own question. When you get to the “ Review warnings and errors section” almost at the end, check what the errors are. In my case, I had 2 errors, one was about the Climate Action Incentive. I clicked “ Applies to me”, then it takes you to the section with questions about what province where you reside. I checked the first 2-3 questions whatever applied to me, then on the bottom there’s a check mark on “Climate Action Incentive”. Remove the check mark then continue on. This removed the amount  

that was automatically calculated by Turbo Tax when you get to the Deduction Summary. No problem to the end as I have a worksheet with my own calculations to compare with the Turbo Tax calculations especially if you have other deductions like donations, medical expenses, etc. You have to add these calculations yourself.