Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rssimpson

How do I delete all information on Easy Step. Want to do a coupled return, one deceased part way through the tax year........do I do a seperate reture for the deceased

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I delete all information on Easy Step. Want to do a coupled return, one deceased part way through the tax year........do I do a seperate reture for the deceased

You don't have to do two separate returns in this situation. Start a new tax return. Select "Married" as your marital status. Then, select yes to the question "Do you want to prepare your returns together?" and yes to the question "Are you preparing one or both of these returns for a deceased person?"

I could only find these options when starting a new return. If you have already started a uncoupled return you may have to start again.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You don't have to do two separate returns in this situation. Start a new tax return. Select "Married" as your marital status. Then, select yes to the question "Do you want to prepare your returns together?" and yes to the question "Are you preparing one or both of these returns for a deceased person?"

I could only find these options when starting a new return. If you have already started a uncoupled return you may have to start again.