Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i remove an amount on line 5821 on SK428 if we have already advised not to claim as a dependant on the federal form?

It does not show up as a non refundable tax credit in Federal, but still shows up in provincial for some reason.
3 Replies

How do i remove an amount on line 5821 on SK428 if we have already advised not to claim as a dependant on the federal form?

Do you have a dependent on your tax return born after 2000?

We do, but it is the father's turn to claim this year.  We split the child tax credit.

As you are aware, only one parent can claim the credit.

Once you have completed the Profile Section of your return, go under your Deductions tab, Claim for Dependents - whatever you have checked or entered for your dependents will be under that section. Sometimes, previous year's entries transition over as well, so you may have to manually remove them on the next year's return.  

Traceback and start anew.  Once completed all forms will correspond correctly. (Note: just because you have unchecked a previously checked box, does not mean the amount entered will be removed if applicable.) Go double check your entries. 

Furthermore, please see FAQ from TurboTax if neededWho can claim the tax credit for an eligible dependanthttps://bit.ly/2SXMcd0