Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove that my dependent is physically or mentally infirm. I must have checked it off by accident. I need to say no to that question but can't find it.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I remove that my dependent is physically or mentally infirm. I must have checked it off by accident. I need to say no to that question but can't find it.

Hi

You can remove this under the Deductions Tab -> Claims for Dependents - Select the child's name - ensure Disability Amount transfer is checked, then continue, Answer the questions "Do you wish to make the claim for the disability amount transferred from (child's name) to No.   

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Hi

You can remove this under the Deductions Tab -> Claims for Dependents - Select the child's name - ensure Disability Amount transfer is checked, then continue, Answer the questions "Do you wish to make the claim for the disability amount transferred from (child's name) to No.