Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rmp1126

I accidentally put in the wrong birthday for my son, i put 5/27/03 instead of 5/26/03, i filed and my return was accepted on 1/31/18, what is going to happen now?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

I accidentally put in the wrong birthday for my son, i put 5/27/03 instead of 5/26/03, i filed and my return was accepted on 1/31/18, what is going to happen now?

Nothing, as long as your return has been accepted. You wouldn't need to amend your return for this, and the difference of one day would not change your eligibility for any deductions or credits. See the answer below from TurboTax ToddL:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5162292

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

23 Replies
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

Nothing, as long as your return has been accepted. You wouldn't need to amend your return for this, and the difference of one day would not change your eligibility for any deductions or credits. See the answer below from TurboTax ToddL:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5162292

rmp1126

Oh thank u so much i appreciate ur repky i was soo worried
IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

I understand that! You're welcome!

What if I'd been putting the wrong birthday for the last three years because it carried over from a previous return on my online tax program?

3 days off.

Danneradd01 it was accepted n i spoke to irs, they do not use birthdays to verify info, thank goodness
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@anhicks4

Did you have a question we can help you with?

anhicks4

Tring to see why my return is taking so long.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Your refund may get approved or the IRS may require you to verify your son's birthday.  We cannot say for certain, only the government knows.

The IRS typically issues refunds within 21 days.  Since it's been longer than 21 days since your return was accepted, we suggest contacting the IRS directly to inquire about this.  Go here for tips on reaching a live IRS agent when you call.

Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for other situations that could delay your refund:  What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 day ...

Jpina2021

I have 2 boys born 2020 one in January am one in December on my return I accidentally put both were born on December one on the first and one on the 10th .. I haven’t heard from IRS , I filled  Feb 16th and it says they don’t have date yet . Can anyone help ????

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Is your status on the IRS Where's My Refund site showing as processing?

If so, the IRS is experiencing delays in the processing of returns due to a later than usual start to the tax season, a backlog of mailed returns, current tax season returns, and the current round of stimulus payments. 

Since it has been longer than 21 days since your return has been accepted, you can try to contact the IRS. For more information, see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

@Jpina2021

Kklashae

Did you ever receive your refund for that year ?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Do you have a question or issue we can assist you with?

@Kklashae

Kklashae

I accidentally put my babies birthday a day before and I was just trying to see the outcome. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies