Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plasma77

I am filling out my tax return and as a student I would assume that I would receive a refund for the amount of EI that I have claimed. It is not appearing to be the case. Wodnering if I have done something wrong?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am filling out my tax return and as a student I would assume that I would receive a refund for the amount of EI that I have claimed. It is not appearing to be the case. Wodnering if I have done something wrong?

Hi

The only time that EI Premiums are refunded, is if you over contribute based on the amount of total income.  Also income of less than $2000 is exempt from EI premiums.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi Can you please clarify, do you mean the EI premiums that were paid through an employer or that you collected EI and there was tax deducted?
plasma77

EI premiums that that were paid through my employer box 18 on my T4

Hi

The only time that EI Premiums are refunded, is if you over contribute based on the amount of total income.  Also income of less than $2000 is exempt from EI premiums.