Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smparadox
Returning Member

I am married but filing separately. Our finances are completely separate. How do I file if I do not know my spouse's income?

3 Replies

I am married but filing separately. Our finances are completely separate. How do I file if I do not know my spouse's income?

You need to know your spouses Net Income or enter an estimate: 

Your tax return now reflects multiple factors, such as income levels of each spouse and available credits and deductions. When you get married, both your incomes are combined to determine eligibility for certain benefits, such as the GST/HST credit.

smparadox
Returning Member

I want to object, but TurboTaxBrenda's answer is not the source of my frustration. I was hoping for a way to file without having to wait for her. Guess CRA doesn't allow that, any more than they allow me to access My CRA account. Useless. Thank you for answering.

Thank you for your feedback,  we appreciate it.