Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am non-resident, is that possible to make the refunded tax a direct transfer to my Canadian bank account instead of a cheque? If yes, is there anything I need to do?

If it can only be cheque, how would I receive it, will you send it to my home country? Should I put a note together with my return fire and mail them to you?
1 Reply

I am non-resident, is that possible to make the refunded tax a direct transfer to my Canadian bank account instead of a cheque? If yes, is there anything I need to do?

If there is a refundable credit, the Canada Revenue Agency will mail it to the address noted on the tax return. You can put in a note with your tax return if you want.

TurboTax offers the software to do your taxes; as a non-resident, you have the option of entering your residency status at the beginning of your tax return, as well as enter an address outside of Canada, once you have completed your tax return you will choose the  "Print&Mail" to the (CRA) Canada Revenue Agency option.  

For more information on filing a non-resident tax return, please see links provided below: