Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not married, but it wants supposal name????

You need to enter an income for the spousal information  that is higher than the max spousal amount. Enter $15,000 for the income and see if makes the credit disappear.
kevinbr976
Returning Member

Hmmmm...maybe, how about just giving us the option to remove the spouse, so we're not lying on our returns?
prand2005

agreed !!!! they can throw you in jail for other info you enter and lie about .. makes no sense at all

This seems very wrong that turbo tax Clint is walking me through how to get around the problem by claiming my spouse makes to much (when I do not have a spouse), rather then turbo tax just fixing this glitch. I have literally ran through this program a dozen times, trying different fixes that many people have suggested and am getting no where being honest. Then I'm told just enter an amount, make it high enough that you won't get a kickback. Well I'm just trying to honestly say 1. No spouse 2. No spouse amount 3. Change in marital status was seperated to divorced.....so still no spouse

In the Intro section, go back to the martial status screen and check what you have selected.

Clearly checked divorced in 2014, it asked me divorce date. Still wants souse name /info????

I'm not happy with Turbo Tax
prand2005

I was seperated than divorced in 2014 ... gave dates ... still asking for spouse ?????

Same! Divorced in 2014 and still asking for spouse info ...
dale_8826

Perhaps try single on the status instead of divorced