Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I filed my taxes on February 20, 2024, I have checked my CRA account, I did not receive a notice of assessment.

Looking for an update 
1 Reply

I filed my taxes on February 20, 2024, I have checked my CRA account, I did not receive a notice of assessment.

1. Select Find and enter NETFILE.
  2. Select NETFILE or print and then select Go.
  3. On the You are ready to file step, locate the return you want to file and select Start.
    • If you’ve prepared a return for your spouse/partner together with yours, each return will need to be filed separately. Locate and select Start for the return you’d like to file first. After a return is submitted, TurboTax will bring you back to this step so you can file the second return.
    • If you live in Québec, you can electronically file both your federal (CRA) and Québec (RQ) returns. To file only one at this time, locate the return (federal return or Québec return) you want to file and select Start.
  4. On the Prepare to File Your Federal Return step, select I want to submit my return to CRA’S NETFILE service and then select Continue. If you owe money, follow the instructions regarding your tax balance owing, and TurboTax will bring you to the next step.
  5. On the Do you want to register for CRA’s online mail? step, select the option you prefer and then select Continue.
  6. On the Get your refund fast with direct deposit step, select the option you prefer and then select Continue.
  7. On the NETFILE your Return to the CRA step, read the NETFILE Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice.
  8. If you agree to the terms and conditions, select Agree NETFILE My Return.
  9. On the Certify Personal Info before filing with the CRA step, select Continue. TurboTax then submits your return to the CRA.
  10. On the Great news! step, locate the CRA NETFILE confirmation number. If your return was successfully received by the CRA, TurboTax will display a confirmation number. Until you get a CRA confirmation number, you haven't successfully filed.
  11. If you prepared a return for your spouse/partner with yours, follow the instructions and TurboTax will bring you back to the You are ready to file step. Repeat Steps 3 to 10 to file your spouse/partner’s return.

If you completed all of these steps you should see a NetFile confirmation number. In you CRA account, it should show that they have received your income tax return for the year you filed.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.