Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emt099

I have been sent a letter asking for my date of arrival and departure, and details of income received. What do I need to submit? Are there specific forms?

The CRA mailed me a letter asking me to send the correct days I established and severed residential ties. I was living there on a working holiday last year and had these dates on my original form. They have also asked for details or all sources of my income, do I submit my T4 or payslips? What do I need to give them?
1 Reply
Ques_Solver
Returning Member

I have been sent a letter asking for my date of arrival and departure, and details of income received. What do I need to submit? Are there specific forms?

When the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requests information about your date of arrival and departure, as well as details of your income, they seek to confirm your residency status and ensure accurate reporting of your income.
  • Provide the exact dates you established and severed residential ties in Canada. Include documents that can verify these dates, such as copies of your passport showing entry and exit stamps.
  • If you were employed in Canada, provide a copy of your T4 slip that summarizes your earnings and deductions. 
  • If you had other sources of income (such as self-employment income, rental income, etc.), provide documentation for those as well. This could include invoices, bank statements, or contracts.
  • If you were a non-resident or part-year resident, you might need to provide a statement of all worldwide income earned during the year.

Thanks for choosing TurboTax.