Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cutejoy

I have just begun filling in my profile by answering the questions and noticed a $22.22 in line 10400. Why is $22.22 dollars automatically included in my line 10400?

I have not pulled information from CRA or entered my T4. I have done nothing and this default $22.22 just automatically appears
1 Reply

I have just begun filling in my profile by answering the questions and noticed a $22.22 in line 10400. Why is $22.22 dollars automatically included in my line 10400?

Line 10400 on your tax return lists all other employment income that is not accounted for on a T4 slip. If you have mentioned other income sources in your profile such as the examples mentioned below, then this is the reason you are seeing $22.22 in your Line 10400.

• Net research grants: Money given to you to conduct research.
  • Clergy’s housing allowance: Stipend from a church to cover a clergy member’s housing.
  • Foreign employment income: Money made in another country.
  • Wage-loss replacement plans: Income you are delaying through the program.
  • Veteran benefits: Find this on Box 127 of your T4A slip.
  • Sales tax rebates: Some provincial and territory sales tax credits must be included.
  • Royalties: Payments from books you’ve published or other royalty agreements.

Also, Some insurance plans and other workplace payment plans are be included in Line 10400.

For more information, please see the Canada Revenue Agency webpage: Line 10400 – Other employment income 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.