Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just created a return. I want to know if it will be submitted automatically or no? And how can I delete it?

1 Reply

I just created a return. I want to know if it will be submitted automatically or no? And how can I delete it?

To check your Refund Status:

1. Online - Use the CRA's My Account or use the MyCRA mobile application.

2. Call the CRA - You can call the CRA's Tax Information Phone Service (TIPS) @1-800-267-6999 and select Telerefund.

Your taxes don't get Netfiled automatically. You have to walk through the Review section towards the end of your return and you will be brought through the Netfile process. When you have successfully Netfiled, you will be sent an email with a confirmation number.

Also, you need to pay your tax balance due; it's not automatically taken care of when you submit your return to NETFILE.

Here are the different ways you can pay your tax balance due: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/mkpymnt-eng.html

If you do not have direct deposit, CRA will send a check in the mail. 

To Delete a Tax Return Form that was created:

If you have other returns in your account, select “View All Tax Returns” from under “My Returns”, and delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it (or “Delete” under the return name).

If this is the only return in your account, you’ll need to start a new return, before you can delete your existing one. To start a new return, select “Start a New Return” from under “My Returns”. Once you have started your new return (you don't need to enter any info), you can select “View All Tax Returns” from under “My Returns”, and delete the unwanted return by clicking the small Trash Can next to it (or “Delete” under the return name).

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.