Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm filing jointly for me and my spouse. How do I switch back and forth between my info and my spouses info? Seems to be no tab or link to do this?

For example, I am entering business expense info for my spouse's part of the filing and I want to go and check what expenses I entered for my own filing but cannot find a way to do this.
1 Reply

I'm filing jointly for me and my spouse. How do I switch back and forth between my info and my spouses info? Seems to be no tab or link to do this?

To switch between your information and your spouse's information, you can follow these steps:

1. Open your tax return in TurboTax Canada.
  2. Click on the "My Info" tab located in the top menu bar.
  3. On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see a list of options including "Personal Info", "Spouse's Info", "Dependants", "Other Benefits", and "RRSP". Click on "Spouse's Info".
  4. This will take you to your spouse's section of the tax return. You can enter or review information here.
  5. To switch back to your section of the tax return, simply click on the "My Info" tab again and select the appropriate option (e.g. "Personal Info").

You can also use the "Review" tab located at the end of the menu bar to review both your and your spouse's sections of the tax return side by side. To do this, click on "Return Summary" under "Review" section.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.