Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luc2

If my ex-spouse (recently separated/no official agreement yet) is refusing to tell me her amount? Do I just put in last years' (likely very close) or do I leave $0.00?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If my ex-spouse (recently separated/no official agreement yet) is refusing to tell me her amount? Do I just put in last years' (likely very close) or do I leave $0.00?

Thank you for your question.

You can't put zero because all your deduction are apply on the family income for 2015.

You can't put the amount you think she had but no amount less of 15 000.

The government will adjust your both return with the right amount later in the year.

Hope it will help you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Thank you for your question.

You can't put zero because all your deduction are apply on the family income for 2015.

You can't put the amount you think she had but no amount less of 15 000.

The government will adjust your both return with the right amount later in the year.

Hope it will help you.

Luc2

I wound up putting in last years' amount since I knew it would be within a few hundred of this years'. Then, I followed up today with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and they advised me that a rough estimate would be fine since they would get the exact amount from my ex-spouses' return when she filed.