Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UltraHWE
Returning Member

In-mail from CRA about Spouse about my 'world income' convered to 'Canadian dollar's and 'Confirmation' of marital status by spouse.

I followed the steps TurboTax suggested for all the fields and filed my return and now I got an in-mail in my CRA account saying the following.

We cannot calculate the amount of the CAIP you may be entitled to receive for April 2023 to January 2024 without the following information:
- your world income, converted to Canadian dollars, for the period in 2022 before you came to Canada
- confirmation by you and your spouse or common-law partner of your marital status and the date of the change

We need to know your spouse's or common-law partner's 2022 net income to calculate your credit. If this individual immigrated during 2022 or after, we need the date of entry and how much world income, converted to Canadian dollars, he or she earned before coming to Canada.

When I filed my taxes there was no field for me to enter the income I earned abroad (I paid taxes on it) before I entered Canada, there was only fields for Date at which I entered Canada.

When I try use the refile option under turbotax or change my returns under CRA account, it is not showing me any fields related to the aforementioned information request from the CRA.