Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n101522

Is there anyway to correct any wrong information (like income amount of my dependant) through Turbo Tax after completed ( filed already to CRA ) ?

I have already completed 2016 income tax, but just realized that I put my dependant's income as "zero" instead of putting right amount.
Is there any way that I can file again with revised report through Turbo Tax ?  Or any other way to correct it ?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is there anyway to correct any wrong information (like income amount of my dependant) through Turbo Tax after completed ( filed already to CRA ) ?

Yes, you can make changes. Situations as you have are very common.
But, once filed, do NOT try to file again for the same tax year, that is not approved by CRA.

Wait until you have been assessed, then file a Request for Adjustment using firm T1-Adj. for the 2016 tax year.
If you are registered for My Account, another option is to use the on-line Change My Return feature. Once again, wait until you have been assessed.

After submitting changes, CRA will reassess you and send you an updated Notice. Keep it!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you can make changes. Situations as you have are very common.
But, once filed, do NOT try to file again for the same tax year, that is not approved by CRA.

Wait until you have been assessed, then file a Request for Adjustment using firm T1-Adj. for the 2016 tax year.
If you are registered for My Account, another option is to use the on-line Change My Return feature. Once again, wait until you have been assessed.

After submitting changes, CRA will reassess you and send you an updated Notice. Keep it!