Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beckyq533

My commonlaw partner has been a dependent since June 2021 due to mental impairment. How much can I claim on my TD1 for 2022 and on my tax returns? Or how do I calculate?

I need assistant with this years tax returns but also filling out the TD1 for 2022 as I just learned about the CCC. My partner has been without income since june, if that makes a difference.
1 Reply

My commonlaw partner has been a dependent since June 2021 due to mental impairment. How much can I claim on my TD1 for 2022 and on my tax returns? Or how do I calculate?

The amount you can claim depends on your relationship to the person for whom you are claiming the CCC, your circumstances, the person’s net income, and whether other credits are being claimed for that person.

For your spouse or common-law partner, you may be entitled to claim an amount of $2,295 in the calculation of line 30300. You could also claim an amount up to a maximum of $7,348 on line 30425.

For more information, please click: Everything You Need to Know About the Canada Caregiver Credit (CCC)