Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My CRA account says file has not been received for 2023 year when I filed in Turbo Tax.

I could not connect CRA account to the file due to unavailability of phone number.
5 Replies

My CRA account says file has not been received for 2023 year when I filed in Turbo Tax.

Did you receive a NETFILE confirmation number after you filed your tax return?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I got no updates after filing my taxes on turbo tax and after receiving the tax return details pdf. I have already filed my taxes before but could not connect the account to my application as I didn’t have access to it as I was travelling.

When you NETFILE your tax return, you receive a NETFILE confirmation number which means that your tax return has been accepted by the CRA for processing. If you haven't received a confirmation number, please make sure that you've submitted your tax return.

How do I NETFILE my tax return in TurboTax Online?

In TurboTax CD/Download, how do I submit my return to the CRA using NETFILE?

I'll just explain the process I did:

I made a new account and started a tax return (it was the first time I did on my own) - I was asked if I wanted to link my CRA account for auto filling - I couldn't as the CRA account needs a phone number confirmation and at that time, I did not have my phone. Since, I could not access my CRA account, I left the NETFILE access code blank as it was not mandatory - it just said leave blank if you do not want to enter the details. So, I moved on, gave all my information, filed the taxes, paid for it and got a 2023 tax return pdf. I thought everything was done. 

After coming back to Canada, I checked my CRA account and it stated that 2023 taxes were not filed yet after which I sent this message on turbo tax. What should I do now ?

I also can't access the tax return file anymore.

If you've contacted the CRA and they are saying that they haven't received your tax return, then you probably haven't filed it. 

Check TurboTax account you've used to do your tax return - your tax return should either be under "Access your filed tax returns" (if it was filed) or it may still be in progress (then you need to file it).

If you cannot find it and it wasn't filed, then you'll have to start a new tax return.