Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noah-2003

My spouse and I were posted to NFLD. we were there for a very short time before I came to halifax with the kids to work. we are still married. Where would my resitance be? and can we file together.

We were moved in October 2016 I was there for only a month before I moved.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My spouse and I were posted to NFLD. we were there for a very short time before I came to halifax with the kids to work. we are still married. Where would my resitance be? and can we file together.

Generally, you have to use the forms book for the province or territory where you resided on December 31, 2016. However, there are exceptions such as if you had residential ties in another place.

If on December 31, 2016, you had residential ties in more than one province or territory, use the forms book for the province or territory where you have your most important residential ties. For example, if you usually reside in Ontario but were going to school in Alberta or Quebec, you would use the forms book for Ontario.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Generally, you have to use the forms book for the province or territory where you resided on December 31, 2016. However, there are exceptions such as if you had residential ties in another place.

If on December 31, 2016, you had residential ties in more than one province or territory, use the forms book for the province or territory where you have your most important residential ties. For example, if you usually reside in Ontario but were going to school in Alberta or Quebec, you would use the forms book for Ontario.