Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Pending My return is usually accepted the same day this year 2024 not the case I understand the IRS doesnt start processing returns until 01/29/24

My daughter's return has been accepted i did read some returns were accepted as a test batch for something new she did file a child tax credit which returns will be refunded around the 28th of Feb . That is not my case I item my returns so I, 'm just feeling a little stressed until I get either accepted or rejected I just like knowing where I stand. Has anyone else been accepted or still pending? Tomorrow is the 29th IRS will be open for business.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Pending My return is usually accepted the same day this year 2024 not the case I understand the IRS doesnt start processing returns until 01/29/24

Yes, you are correct. The IRS will begin processing e-filed tax returns on January 29 this year. 

They have selected a small number of test returns to start processing before January 29, which is why your daughter's return is accepted already. 

That process is entirely random, so there isn't anything you can do to speed up the process.

Keep in mind that the initial processing of your your e-file may take 24 to 48 hours, so you could remain in pending status until February 1. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies