Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I correct mistake on form 2555-T

How do I go back to form 2555-T and make corrections
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

In your open Federal return, type "foreign earned income" into the Search box, then click the "Jump to" link.  

If this doesn't work, you can find it under Wages & Income, Less Common Income (Show more), Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion. 

If you accidentally entered information in this interview, go through the interview and remove it before changing your answer to the question Did You Make Any Money Outside the United States? to No.  

TIP:  Remember that "T" stands for Taxpayer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

In your open Federal return, type "foreign earned income" into the Search box, then click the "Jump to" link.  

If this doesn't work, you can find it under Wages & Income, Less Common Income (Show more), Foreign Earned Income and Exclusion. 

If you accidentally entered information in this interview, go through the interview and remove it before changing your answer to the question Did You Make Any Money Outside the United States? to No.  

TIP:  Remember that "T" stands for Taxpayer.

I am active duty military and currently overseas.  Initially I entered foreign country as well as military populating the 2555-T.  Realizing my mistake and that I didn't earn any foreign money (only military pay for being there), I removed it.  I have completed everything but will not let me e-file because I'm being told that form is not completed correctly. The form DOES have a $0 earned on it but I don't know how to delete it or how to edit it if needed.  Thank you.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

To delete the Form 2555, here are the steps:

In TurboTax online version:

1.  Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off

2.  Select Tax Tools, click on the drop down arrow

3.  Select Tools

4.  Under Other helpful links, choose Delete a form

5.  Select Delete next to the Form 2555 and Continue with My Return

You only need to file a Form 2555 if you have worked overseas and met either Physical Presence or Bona Fide Residence Test requirements.  Click here: https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i2555

@ ckissel125

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies