Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

My returns have been ‘pending’ for days now and turbo tax told me there is nothing they can do. IRS has no record of them. What do I do?

The IRS started accepting returns on January 23. Please be patient while they work their way into the system. You will receive an email or text message if you signed up for them, once the IRS has accepted your return. 

You can view this IRS article for more information. 

IRS sets January 23 as the official start to the 2023 tax filing season; more help is available for ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Trivas811

My returns have been ‘pending’ for days now and turbo tax told me there is nothing they can do. IRS has no record of them. What do I do?

I did my BF's and daughter's taxes on February 2 and there still pending this has never happened and token so long before. I did my nephew last night and in 1 hour his taxes were accepted. I'm wondering if there was a glitch or something what to do?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@Trivas811 

Please know that is the IRS that must approve your return, not TurboTax. It varies, but normally it takes 24-48 hours. Also, the identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS in recent years may account for longer wait times. Eventually, you will receive an email letting you know whether your return has been accepted or rejected.

Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn’t accepted or rejected it yet.

If you contact the government or try to look up your refund status while your return is still pending, don’t be surprised if they tell you “No record found.” This is normal; until the government starts reviewing and processing your return, they won’t have any record of it. I also included a FAQ link below for further assistance:

What does "Pending" mean?

Mine took 4 days and I was emailed a notification it was accepted 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for the update.

@Dulce1887

Jennifer …. Did you by chance use a DIFFERENT TurboTax account this year? One account one year and another this year?…. I may be in same boat. 

dud you ever get “accepted”. 

Yes I filed on the 30th of January, I got an email saying we noticed you used a different account than last year and your taxes will be held for 48 hours “It says call to verify it’s you” but that is pointless they just say wait the 48hour then I called after 48hours passed they just kept say it’s green we see it on our end but finally on the 6th of February I got an email it was accepted around 4pm just after I gave up and the state must have went through before but I wasn’t notified because I got an email around 1 pm saying it had already been deposited into my credit karma account I checked and it was there I’ll update when they deposit my federal
Deebow
Returning Member

Any update on this? I called and said I was filing with a new account but no change 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It is best to contact us by phone on this, as we are unable to access your account from this public forum. You can click here to contact us. @Deebow 

I believe TurboTax's e-Filing Status check is Broke

I say this because

1) My Federal return was accepted as evidenced by an email and on the IRS website they posted "accepted" and a date for my refund.

2) The state where I live was accepted as evidenced by an email.

3) Another state return I had to do was accepted as evidenced by an email and a withdraw of the amount I owed in taxes for that state.

All three were accepted by an email in two days. 

Its been 5 days and TurboTax Premier still states Pending in for all three above. 

Their pat answer is not doing justice to their otherwise great software and this community. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for reporting this.  I will pass your feedback along. 

@Themushj 

karns5

What if your return has been pending for 5 days and no word for Turbo Tax?  That seems like a long time not to know whether your return will be accepted, especially with the deadline approaching. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Sometimes it takes a bit longer for tax returns to get transmitted and accepted. Please click Why is my return still pending? to learn more.

Nmont
Returning Member

My daughter's father keeps fraudulently claiming them on his taxes when they live with me. 365 days a year. He does not take care of or support them in any way. so the past 3 years my refund has been rejected and has accepted my question is.  I already filed my federal return before. The IRS started accepting and processing them. Is it on a first come first? Serve basis?? So if I submitted? My federal returned before him once. The IRS starts accepting and processing them.  Will mind get accepted first

@Nmont wrote:

My daughter's father keeps fraudulently claiming them on his taxes when they live with me. 365 days a year. He does not take care of or support them in any way. so the past 3 years my refund has been rejected and has accepted my question is.  I already filed my federal return before. The IRS started accepting and processing them. Is it on a first come first? Serve basis?? So if I submitted? My federal returned before him once. The IRS starts accepting and processing them.  Will mind get accepted first

If he also e-files the 2023 tax return before the IRS opens on January 29, 2024 there is no way to know which return will be accepted first.  The IRS pulls returns from the various servers of tax preparation companies in no particular order of them being placed on the servers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies