Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The “get my refund status” tells me it can’t give me information and the IR2go app says my information is wrong. What do I do to get the status of my refund

The IRS states:

WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED

"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with the irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early.

This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also, clear your cache in your browser settings."

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund.

You might receive this message because:

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.

If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.

Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kma25

The “get my refund status” tells me it can’t give me information and the IR2go app says my information is wrong. What do I do to get the status of my refund

The same this is happening to me but when I go to check file status on irs site it tells me my information does not match. Which I know it is correct. I filed on the 4th of Feb. And waiting 21 days today. Turbotaxed said it was accepted and estimated 2/25. Yet nothing. Tried calling irs and still nothing...

they told me i have to wait 60 days into they done with they review . smThey sent me a letter saying the verifying the accuracy of my income and tax breaks

Donn1
Returning Member

Where is my refund

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status. If it's been processed and accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status. The IRS will issue your refund when your return is approved.

If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted,  You will need to contact the IRS  at 1-800-829-1040 and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update. 

When you call, make sure you have the following information:

• tax year
  • social security number
  • filing status
  • exact refund amount

Please click When will I get my IRS tax refund? to learn more.

Happening to me also. Can’t get any info on where it is. Got the email saying it was accepted. And I was able to check it until yesterday, then said the same thing. Refund status error and information doesn’t match. Nothing has changed. 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@LaceMo82 If your information is being entered correctly on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site, it's possible the IRS maybe updating the site because many people are reporting the same. Continue to monitor your refund on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

Be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. If you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees. Also if you filed joint, be sure to enter the filers name that appears first on the return.

You can also check your tax transcripts by going here: Welcome to Get Transcript

If you don't have an account, you will need to set one up.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

The status on the IRS website may change and state we cannot find a record of your return or  that you have put in incorrect information when tracking it, but this can all be normal in the process. TurboTax is not connected to the IRS or state department(s) of revenue refund tracking tools. We don't receive real time updates from the IRS. The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-filed return has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date. If accepted by the IRS, you can check your refund status below:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

When I check my status of my stimulus check it keeps telling me there’s no info available. Hrlp please!

@carldosbcglobalnet wrote:

When I check my status of my stimulus check it keeps telling me there’s no info available. Hrlp please!

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#paymentnot

The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:

• You are required to file a tax return, but:
    • We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
    • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
  • You don't usually file a return, and:
    • You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
    • You receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.
  • You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).

We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there is no need to check more often. If you are eligible for a payment and have provided your information either through a recent tax return or the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here application, please check back for updates.

Sent my 2019 paper tax return certified mail 1 June 2020; was delivered 5 June 2020.  Can't get status from IRS using the online tool, nor by phone.  No option to talk to an agent.  I understand IRS is dealing with impacts such as COVID-19, but this is an information vacuum.  How do I find out if IRS at least processed and accepted my return, or even if they have an estimated date by which that will happen??

Due to the covid shut down the IRS is now  more than 3 months  behind in opening up and processing returns so the usual 8 week processing time for a mailed in return will be 5 months or more ... there is nothing you can do  but wait for the IRS to get to your envelope ... at least you know they have it so check the IRS site once a week until you see progress on the tool.  

See above

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies