Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jeremysWRLD999
Returning Member

Turbotax Refund Advance Status while awaiting IRS opening Jan 29

I know the IRS said they wasn't accepting til the 29th but on the 19th my got accepted and I received my advance so idk. Lol

Theather

So I read through and I found the same thing. A weird Spam email saying I was denied. I don't understand how I was denied when it clearly told me I was approved? This is shady. it said approved. That's why I went for the advance. If their gonna deny me why not just tell me so when I applied? And what where the reasons I was denied? I'm not putting my info into a shady link in my spam from a supposed bank. Why didn't credit karma tell me?

Here is an edit: 

Turbo tax says my refunds where accepted but IRS.gov says it has not been approved yet. So maybe that is the difference. But I still don't get why I got a weird email in my spam saying denied. This is so frustrating.

The exact same thing has happened with mine, and it’s not my first ,second, or third time, they should know better pulling stunts like this, they (TurboTax) was just sued in a major way, charging to do taxes and not offering the free option! I’m filing a claim with BBB, and I suggest anyone having the same issue to do the same, they are just giving runaround’s and bs excuses, trying to gain their money back they stole, by stealing once again, cause I sure af wouldn’t have paid almost $300 when I could’ve done for free, but that advanced refund was needed, but to no avail, apparently! Good luck to all, I know I’ve definitely learned my lesson with TurboTax, FINALLY! 

Yea I had to pay for mine too. It wasn’t free at all!!! Last year using TT . !

THE IRS never accept return until the end of Jan It's been this way for years. They do run a small "test batch" b4 that date so a hand full of ppl will get their refund a lil earlier but not the ppl who have the EIC OR additional Child tax credit for the last 10 years the IRS has started accepting at the end of the month...(25th-29th) This year it was the 29th. 

Theather

This is an update, I filed on February 12. Advancement never came that I applied for and they said I was approved for them turned around and said denied. Taxes still haven't been approved by IRS and I'm on day 18. Which is a Friday so I'm sure I'm not gonna be in the average 21 days for the IRS. Never received the child or earned income they where supposed to start giving out. Not sure what is happening. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Once your return is filed, TurboTax has no control over the processing of your return or the release of your refund.

Here are a couple FAQs to track your refund:
When will I get my federal tax refund?
How do I track my state refund?
Why does Where's My Refund say "approved" but TurboTax still says "accepted"?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That’s not spam that’s the actual email you receive.

MADDOG_64

THEY HAVE BEEN HOLDING MY REFUND FOR 45 DAYS WHAT CAN I DO

@MADDOG_64 

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

MADDOG_64

I HAVE ALLREADY DONE THAT IT WAS SEN TO TURBO TAX MARCH 25TH

@MADDOG_64 You are posing in all CAPS.  Please turn your Caps Lock off.

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Call 1-877-908-7228

Or - TPG-CSsupport@greendotcorp.com

They don’t count the weekend  days or holidays when giving a time frame.

Hi, sorry to hear of your misfortune! Question; apparently you filed your 2023 tax returns with TurboTax, and if so, did you choose the Advanced Refund status? , and did you have a Credit Karma account, or was it mandatory you do so in order to utilize “the Advanced Refund”? TurboTax and Credit Karma are in Cahoots, they’ve concocted of numerous outlandish bs lies of individuals accounts so they wouldn’t be able to access their account/ tax refund, there are thousands of us.. I initially filed with the BBB , basically so they’d file a complaint on CK, plus it gets put on their forum page, in the hopes others would somehow see , and save themselves and other from choosing TT and CK, then I filed with FTC, which are the ones responsible for the lawsuit brought on CK , and literally just settled a month or so ago.. I finally , after two months found a loophole into mine.. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies