Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

IRS memory hole..keep reminding them..

AmyC
Expert Alumni

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

The IRS is having a hard time this year. Each return must be cross checked for the normal and now with the new laws:

• stimulus- is it correct, pay missing amounts, do they need to be added for the new stimulus
  • unemployment - is it on there, was it filed with the $10,200 subtraction, does it need to be adjusted
  • premium tax credit - is it on there, is there an amount due, adjust the return
  • EIC - is it on, were they banned, is there a record of release to claim?
  • Child credit -anybody else claim, how old are kids, what is allowed
  • and so on for still more, it is a long process this year to check each return for so many things.

The IRS is also processing returns mailed in last year and handling the current stimulus. They have scheduled this summer to adjust unemployment on returns.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm sure their having a hard time.....hire more employees for tax/stimulus season. What about us struggling in the middle of a pandemic.......counting on that return to pay rent, get car fixed to get back and forth to the job their hours got cut back. Its bull**bleep** and if you owed the irs you wouldn't be telling them when you were gonna pay them. It's a joke and the Government don't care about us. Simple. 

Horse manure. Electronically filed tax returns are processed by computer programs. Processing tax returns are rule based algorithms that validate a taxpayers data against IRS tax rules. This is not the 1970's when we used computers like the Tandy TRS 80 that had only 16KB of memory. This is 2021 where quantum computing exists and we are able to land an autonomous robot on Mars and communicate with the robot. The IRS is accustomed to implement new tax rules every year when the tax codes change. The only things that have changed for the IRS is that they have been tasked to distribute stimulus payments and work remotely to adjust to the Pandemic. Stop peddling the "Whoa is the load on the IRS" excuses. The IRS has an 11 Billion annual budget.  The current disaster is indicative of leadership at the IRS and the US Treasury especially when it comes to modernizing their workforce and their IT systems. Taxpayers should not accept this horse manure especially when the IRS can seize property and garnish taxpayers wages.  

Same here !! I filed Feb 16th !! And it's still being processed and waiting for a refund date when available!.. smh 

Do you mind giving me the same phone number you used .?plss

I also filed  on February 16th. It’s still says still being processed and no refund date yet. I’m hoping that the taxpayers who filed their 2020 taxes will get theirs soon. 

That's what they told me anyway. That they were way understaffed and backlogged because of covid and the stimulus Bills as well as still working on some people's 2019 returns. 

[phone number removed].  Don't put your social security number in when asked. Use your employee Identification number and you will get through. Just be prepared to wait. 

I know we shouldn't accept it. But what else can you do. Can't fight the government.  

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

After your return is accepted, the next step is for the government to review your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  However, a lot of taxpayers are experiencing delays with the IRS approving refunds due to the IRS backlog right now. Although The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, some returns take more time to review. In addition, the IRS is processing millions of returns, as well as stimulus checks, and they are doing everything they can to be as prompt as possible. 

@nayaxo

@smitty152473

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That's [removed]. As I  got transcript in mail today and turbotax site "Claims" that my refund was accepted on the 13th of February.  

[removed]

And irs says after almost the 10 weeks waiting which they told me to on phone that they don't have a record of return as you can clearly see in above photo. Thanks for sharing information on your end but what it is is their backlogged and understaffed as what they tell me and sent 6 million refunds to the return department to buy them more time to process which is [removed] as the American People are struggling amid this pandemic and the United States Government don't even care. But if we owed them money believe they would get theirs [removed].....Believe that. 

Well Amy until I received my transcript from the irs today I had some hope in the midst of this pandemic when ik I'm STRUGGLING and no1 cares. My transcript reads no record of return filed but ole faithful Turbotax site reads my return was accepted on the 13th of February.....So who's [removed] who? I'm so pissed and cant do [removed] about it but if we owed the irs they'd be getting theirs.  

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes. " The returned is still on processed" means:

• Tax return is pending until the IRS corrects any issues  
  • They may need addttional information to continue processing the income tax return.
  • Some tax returns may require further review and could take longer.

See, Topic No 152 refund information, link

Tuuto

So they do have my filing info so it's been over 21 days

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies