Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gblaze64

Where do I find my payment date

I don't see where my payment date is, I entered the info to come out of my checking account.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

Your chosen tax payment method will display on your Filing Instructions page, in the Balance Due/Refund section. 

For direct debit, you'll see the amount, routing and account numbers, and withdrawal date (if you did not select a date, the debit date will automatically default to 04/18/2017).

You will find your direct debit/direct deposit information in the section labeled Federal Information Worksheet Part V - Direct Deposit or Direct Debit.

You can get a copy of your federal & state tax return (and all of their accompanying forms & worksheets, etc.) by following the directions below.  The state return should be at the bottom of the federal PDF file.  Scroll way down.  [Please note Step 8 below.]:

To get a view/print a copy of your 2016 tax return after filing (including filing instructions - any forms that you need to mail will be on this page along with the mailing address(s)):
  1. Sign in with the same login you used when you filed your return.
  2. Click the down-arrow next to My TurboTax
  3. Click on the My Tax Timeline
  4. Scroll toward the bottom of that screen, in the Some things you can do section, click Add a state (This is just a workaround - you are not really going to add a state - program window will spin/update).
  5. Click down-arrow next to My Account (top right, next to the Search box).
  6. Click on Print Center.
  7. Click on Print, save or preview this year's return.
  8. Under Choose your option:, select Forms filed with the government (shortest version w/filing instructions); Forms filed with the government plus all worksheets (w/filing instructions); or All forms (longest version).
  9. Click on View or print box.
  10. Pop up will ask if you want to Save file or Open in Adobe.  (Filing instructions are on the first page.}
  11. When finished, Click on Tax Timeline to go back to original login screen.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

Your chosen tax payment method will display on your Filing Instructions page, in the Balance Due/Refund section. 

For direct debit, you'll see the amount, routing and account numbers, and withdrawal date (if you did not select a date, the debit date will automatically default to 04/18/2017).

You will find your direct debit/direct deposit information in the section labeled Federal Information Worksheet Part V - Direct Deposit or Direct Debit.

You can get a copy of your federal & state tax return (and all of their accompanying forms & worksheets, etc.) by following the directions below.  The state return should be at the bottom of the federal PDF file.  Scroll way down.  [Please note Step 8 below.]:

To get a view/print a copy of your 2016 tax return after filing (including filing instructions - any forms that you need to mail will be on this page along with the mailing address(s)):
  1. Sign in with the same login you used when you filed your return.
  2. Click the down-arrow next to My TurboTax
  3. Click on the My Tax Timeline
  4. Scroll toward the bottom of that screen, in the Some things you can do section, click Add a state (This is just a workaround - you are not really going to add a state - program window will spin/update).
  5. Click down-arrow next to My Account (top right, next to the Search box).
  6. Click on Print Center.
  7. Click on Print, save or preview this year's return.
  8. Under Choose your option:, select Forms filed with the government (shortest version w/filing instructions); Forms filed with the government plus all worksheets (w/filing instructions); or All forms (longest version).
  9. Click on View or print box.
  10. Pop up will ask if you want to Save file or Open in Adobe.  (Filing instructions are on the first page.}
  11. When finished, Click on Tax Timeline to go back to original login screen.

mhh2323

Need an updated response to this question

This IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING that I pay so much and cannot find the debit date for my Federal payment! Total BS!

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@ols05, can you please try the following:

1. Tax Home
  2. Scroll down to Your returns & document
  3. Select the year
  4. Download/print return
  5. View the forms

Find the 2019 XXXX Tax return Summary

The Date of Withdrawal should be toward the top.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Nope, no thumbs up. There is no summary page in the 13 pages only tax documents.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@ols05 To verify this information, please follow these steps to print or view your TurboTax Electronic Filing Instructions Page, in the Balance Due/Refund section. The banking and withdrawal information can also be printed/viewed on your Federal Information Worksheet Part V, and the State Information Worksheet, Part VI.

Follow these steps to view/print your instruction page:

·         Sign back into your TurboTax online account 

·         Scroll down and click "Add a State"  (This is just a way to get you back into your tax return)

·         Next select "Tax Tools" (left column) and then "Print Center"

·         Select "Print, save, or preview this year's return"

·         Check the boxes for your Federal and State returns (this will open further options)

·         Choose to include the government and TurboTax worksheets 

·         Then click "View or Print Forms".

When will my tax payment go through?

TK89
Returning Member

how about for 2020 returns? 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You will find your direct debit/direct deposit information on the 2020 Federal Information Worksheet Part V - Direct Deposit or Direct Debit. This will reflect the date you selected.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ to print/view your tax return you filed this year, you will need to select the select 2020 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets option.

How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year in TurboTax Online?

@TK89

datianshi

I can not find "2020 Federal Information Worksheet Part V - Direct Deposit or Direct Debit"

Either option of "Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets option" when download the form. 

@datianshi wrote:

I can not find "2020 Federal Information Worksheet Part V - Direct Deposit or Direct Debit"

Either option of "Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets option" when download the form. 

The date you selected to have the taxes paid will be on the Filing Instructions page and on the Federal Information Worksheet Part V if you download the tax return using Print Center and the option for all worksheets.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Finally, this is the only way to find the worksheets for the 2020 tax year. Thank you for the update to the previous year processes. 

sagvig
Returning Member

@CassLO's solution worked for my 2021 return. Turns out I had already downloaded the file.  But the hack of adding a state is completely un-intuitve.  I had to Google my question to find this forum and this answer. For a company that prides itself on its "intuitive" user interface, you would think TurboTax could simply include this very important data point in its online summary of tax return status  i.e. "you chose to have your tax payment debited on x/x/xx"  Or at the very least, lead you to this forum when the chat bot fails miserably. 

Can't find my payment date on my 2021 Tax Returns. 

This printed out for 2020 but not showing in 2021 printout.

Been using TurboTax for years now, might be time to find an alternative method.

@jaimep_0128 

The payment date for taxes owed are not on a tax return.

The date you selected to have the taxes paid will be on the Filing Instructions page and on the Federal Information Worksheet Part V if you download the tax return using Print Center and the option for all worksheets.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies