Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is SBTPG holding refunds?

It's told me they released my funds on the 11th and it still not posted and I can't get a hold of anyone to help dose any body have a # to talk to them ty

My status on the Sbtpg where's my refund site says direct deposit on 3/13 how many days does it take to be deposited into my bank cuz it's still not there they've had my money since the 3rd I filed on 4/26 made a BBB complaint a week ago and I know that's the only reason why they've updated the status and given me a dd date now but I wanna know when my money is going to show up in my account or if it's even going to

I need to know why my refund has not hit my credit karma account. Can you please give me some answers?

@Troy0318  Has the IRS issued your refund?

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control.  TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2021 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901548-why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, that will take some extra time, while the third party bank handles the refund processing.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2724106-my-return-is-accepted-but-still-not-approved-is-there-a-pr...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

there is no hope suggest we all not pay fed taxes for half a yeah. because if this was state, government or federal money this issue would be fixed.

not trying to be the b here but you know this is all misleading lies. The people on this site ave been awarded their money from the IRS and it was sent to Turbo. But wait it was really sent to SBTPG who is sitting on it.

No one cares even though people have reached out to all 3 parties included.

next year hopefully turbo will be closed down along with SBTPG 

TPG IS just bull**bleep** they have my 3300 refund check and just bull**bleep**ting their **bleep** off lying about sending it i called everyday since February 24 and still as of June 1st, no word on my refund check which tpg is holding hostage and lying to me saying it’s been sent i told them i need to verify my new mailing address they just hang up in my face as soon as i speak im considering a Lawsuit @CarissaM 

@jenniferleighboyd72 Same! I opted too have my **bleep** sent back to the IRS. And made sure I recorded the call for legal purposes. I don’t have time to keep playing games with these frauds. At least now I know I’ll receive my funds back from the IRS then playing the waiting game for umpteen more months or years, bc these ppl aren’t reliable. I hope you have some good news soon. Good luck! 👍🏾 

Yeah they will eventually get caught up and if they don’t hell i just pray these people don’t waste time and money while depending on these folks Turbo Tax and STPG are on some sneaky grimey **bleep** stealing or should i say just holding peoples money hostage for months and even longer i will let my issues be known so nobody should have to go through the pain of what we’re going through because of these scam-like companies

Okay, so what are you to do when your about to lose everything after waiting 6 months for an audit to close and to receive a date just for sbtpg to hold the funds until they feel fit to release them. They don’t answer they don’t reply to tickets. If I get a refund trace how is that going to help me actually get my funds released by this weird company…

Did you get anywhere with that?

The SBTPG bank is inflating their holdings by using our refunds, and they are justifying it by claiming “unusual activity .” Oh yeah, what unusual activity? The bank: we don’t  know yet, but as soon as we find out -the same as saying, “reach our mark-“ we’ll release your refunds. Its how they make crazy bread off us. Meanwhile, we suffer the blues while they smoke Cuban cigars on their ill gotten yachts. We need Chuck Rose on the case.

@Jutell45 Sh*t is absurd and absolutely sick! They don’t care about ppl who have mortgages, rent, children, bills, etc;.. who’ve suffered tremendously behind their BS! It does nothing but force you too take legal action. I’m not sure what planet they’re on but it’s clearly a LOST ONE if they think for one second “I” or anyone for that matter is gonna allow them to get away with taking thousands or even a dollar of our hard earn money. The f*ck they do that @?! 🤔

I feel your pain @Shaynoog; we can’t let Greendot bank get away with this mess. I’m filing a complaint with the NYS attorney general in the morning. I have a feeling that Greendot bank is holding our refund to generate capital to help TurboTax with its recent legal problems. We need to get everyone involved in this matter.

@Jutell45 I couldn’t agree more. You and I both know we would’ve never gotten away with fraudulently taking from “them” TT nor TPG. But we as upstanding civilians are the ones who have too suffer bc of their wrongdoings. It’s very disheartening. I’m also appalled that none of these government agencies aren’t alarmed or troubled by their behavior. It’s been 4 months for me and I’m disgusted at this point. I pray you, I and countless others get what’s rightfully ours soon. Keep me posted! 👍🏾🙏🏾😊

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies