Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With regards to solidarity tax, if I lived alone throughout 2019 but started living with someone July 1 2019 because I moved in with someone do I still qualify?

2 Replies

With regards to solidarity tax, if I lived alone throughout 2019 but started living with someone July 1 2019 because I moved in with someone do I still qualify?

Hi,

If you lived alone for ALL of 2019 or lived ONLY with others under 18 years old, then you would answer Yes to the Solidarity Question for having lived alone. 

@mvoneickb94, the solidarity tax credit has three components:

You may be entitled to the credit even if you are not eligible for all three components.

For example, you can claim the credit even if you lived in a dwelling that is not eligible, such as a dwelling in low-rental housing (HLM), on December 31, 2019. In such a case, we take into account only the QST component and, if applicable, the component for individuals living in a northern village.