Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reference code 9021 put 4k becuase I used my adopted daughter new social number , how can I appeal and get the money back

adopted my child a few months ago but have had custody of her for 3 years now. The past 2 years bio father illegally claimed her useing her original social number. I filed useing her new social number and apparent that was the wrong thing to do becuase they removed her from my taxes so I didn’t receive 4000$ I was supposed to receive for her . That number was higher becuase they owed me money from last years stimuluses that I didn’t get becuase of him claiming her last year illegally as well! I am so over this I can’t wait for next year when her new social will be fine to use and I don’t have to keep going through this bs becuase of this looser who is no longer her father and has no rights and hasn’t seen her in three years. Now I need to find a way to get ahold of the irs to explain the situation and have them give me the money for her that I rightfully deserve as iv had her for three years and adopted her. I don’t know how to get ahold of the irs I am at a loss right now. If I can manage to get ahold of a appointment line with my local office do you think this is something they would be able to help with weather I have to file a appeal to there discussion of un qualifying her on my taxes or whatever I have to do but it’s not right I need to do something and I am completely lost due to not being able to get ahold of anyone to get info on what I am supposed to do now so I don’t loose out on 4k that I legally mine while this looser has recieved 10k the last two years for a child her hurt and abandoned. 😡😡😡 I’m so over it. What can I do, what form can I file, and where . 
thank you 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Reference code 9021 put 4k becuase I used my adopted daughter new social number , how can I appeal and get the money back

Duplicate post. Please post your question once.

Okay will do, sorry I just didn’t know what topic section would be best to post it in

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies