Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refile Eligibilty

I wish to refile a 2018 return. CRA has my current address but the address on the 2018 return is old. I wish to change a line item amount, not the address. Can I still use the Refile feature? Must the 2018 address match the current address on file? CRA's Refile exclusion list is unclear. It says you cannot change your address using Refile but must use My Account.

1 Reply

Refile Eligibilty

To answer my own question:

CRA states: "I understand and agree that I cannot change my name, address, marital status or direct deposit information on the return. This personal information is not transmitted with my return when I use ReFILE. My Notice of Reassessment and refund will be sent to the address on file with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) not to the address I entered using the software to prepare my ReFILE submission." In other words, if CRA has your new address, you can use Refile even if the old return being amended has a different address.

See: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/netfile-overview/...