Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When completing my taxes online using turbo tax where do input the amount of spousal support recieved from my ex?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When completing my taxes online using turbo tax where do input the amount of spousal support recieved from my ex?

When creating your return and completing the profile section click on yes for the question "Your name, did you have other income that you have not yet told us about? Such as scholastic, foreign, disability, alimony, child support, death benefits, and Canada workers benefit payments.". This would open up a list of questions; make sure you check off  "I received alimony or child support”. Under the income section, you will continue until you see a page labeled "Spousal and Child Support Payments Received". It is there where you would enter your information. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

When creating your return and completing the profile section click on yes for the question "Your name, did you have other income that you have not yet told us about? Such as scholastic, foreign, disability, alimony, child support, death benefits, and Canada workers benefit payments.". This would open up a list of questions; make sure you check off  "I received alimony or child support”. Under the income section, you will continue until you see a page labeled "Spousal and Child Support Payments Received". It is there where you would enter your information. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.