Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a partner in a pass through LLC, would TurboTax for Home and Business work for my personal taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Ashby

I am a partner in a pass through LLC, would TurboTax for Home and Business work for my personal taxes?

Yes, you could enter your K-1 from your partnership using TurboTax Home & Business.

Just to be clear, you would have to use TurboTax Business or another provider to complete the 1065 partnership return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ashby

Yes, you could enter your K-1 from your partnership using TurboTax Home & Business.

Just to be clear, you would have to use TurboTax Business or another provider to complete the 1065 partnership return.

3-1/2 years later and I have a follow-up question to this. Our LLC is in Puerto Rico. There is a Puerto Rican equivalent to Form 1065, but we have not actually done the federal form (2021 was the first year of the LLC) as Puerto Rico does not pay the IRS. We have a Puerto Rican firm complete and file our PR taxes, but could I then use Home & Business to do our personal federal and state tax returns?

Actually you can use ANY of the downloaded versions for your personal return since they all handle all the same tax forms ... use Deluxe if you need a state return and the Basic if you don't.   Marketing will try to talk you into a more expensive copy but it is not  REQUIRED but highly suggested so the company makes more money. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies