Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I upload Schedule K-1 data?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, you won't be able to upload/import a K-1 (txf file) into an online version of TurboTax.  

If you are able to download the K-1 data into a txf file, you can import it into the CD/Download version of TurboTax. Some firms provide the txf and others do not.  See this TurboTax Help article for details:  How do I import from the .txf file?

Here is how you would enter the information manually: Where do I enter a K-1 that I received?

When will this be resolved for Turbotax online which is a MUCH MORE expensive service than the desktop software. I'm in disbelief that we cannot upload .txf K1 data onto Turbotax online.   

The ONLINE system will probably never have that option ... and it is more expensive than the Downloaded version so you should switch to the superior downloaded Deluxe version instead of using the online Premier version ... you can switch now and continue your return ...  Deluxe is all you need (Basic if you don't need to file a state return) since all the downloaded versions can handle all the same information: 

If you haven't paid, you can purchase a desktop version (CD/download) from TurboTax here:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/?view=desktop

If you have already input a considerable amount of data into your online return, if you wish you can move the 2015 data file to your desktop and finish it in the desktop software without having to start over.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901476-how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-the-turbotax-softw...

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I spoke to the (very nice) service rep she did not even ask which version I am using.  She suggested my problem was with the my computer's firewall. And the message is that TT  is working on uploading your file. It says nothing about this file not being compatible with the online version of the software.  Turning off the firewall dis not help. I actually found this answer by online search and not in the help/search function inside TurboTax.  The K-1 is a pain to enter and having this txf upload functionality would be a welcome feature!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies