Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MrJ714
Returning Member

I have a LLC in California and my previous CPA did not file my form 568 so the California Tax Board is asking me to file form 568 for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 How do I?????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
LynnN82
Expert Alumni

I have a LLC in California and my previous CPA did not file my form 568 so the California Tax Board is asking me to file form 568 for 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 How do I?????

You will need to pay a license fee, along with Form 568 for each year.  Information for the Form 568 will come from your federal Form 1040.

Everything you need to know is here - - - Single member LLC | FTB.ca.gov

MrJ714
Returning Member

Hi thanks for your response. Do you know if TurboTax would help walk me through the filling out the form process, like they do for the other forms, for the questions are very unclear on what they are actually asking for? The 568 form is 7 pages long and filled with very vague questions that if you answer incorrectly they slap on all kinds of extra fees for you. 

I saw some users said we must upgrade to the Business Turbo Tax first to even obtain the 568 form is this true?

I just recently found out that my former CPA did NOTHING at all he did not file any of these 568 forms for me and he never even paid the $25 Statement of Information/Statement of No Change Form SI-550 either for the ever 2 years he was supposed to for that. I found out the hard way that he did not do anything at all but I was still paying every year. 

You should contact the former tax preparer and ask why nothing was completed for Calif.

Keep in mind that things could get messy here.

There could be penalties.  Depending on the response of the former tax preparer, you may need to consider getting some legal advice as to how to proceed.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.
MrJ714
Returning Member

Hi thanks for your response. Its a very long story but more and more there were signs of this and it got so bad that we had to eventually just fire them.

They promised to handle all of our LLC formation, and annual fees, and file form 568 for us as well as the Statement of No Change and they pretty much just formed the LLC and did nothing else at all. 

The problem was we did not know they were neglecting all of these things they promised until few years later until the State Board contacted us and told us.

In the past we used a different CPA he never missed anything and was always on top of everything so we assumed this new CPA would be the same way but he was horrible. 

Do you know if the 568 form in TurboTax is like the other forms how TurboTax walks you through and helps answer your questions on the form? Because the 568 form is very vague and unclear as to what they are exactly asking. We heard horror stories of people filling the form out wrong with innocent mistakes that cost them thousands in fees, so obviously we want to fill this out correctly. 

Because you have so many unfiled back tax returns, I would suggest you consult with a different tax professional to get you back on track with California FTB.  You are likely to be facing penalties, interest, etc.  Hopefully a new tax professional can pull all this together for you.

Not saying that TT software can't do this, but at this point there will be no efiling for any back returns and once those get submitted they will likely be scrutinized so having a professional handle this would hopefully minimize any issues.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies