Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to know how to file my LLC partnership and which turbo tax product to use?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I need to know how to file my LLC partnership and which turbo tax product to use?

1. For your multi-member LLC, you will need to use TT Business.  This is only available for as a download and only for windows environments. https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/ 
  2. Once you have completed the business return (form 1065) you will use the K-1's to complete your personal tax return (form 1040).  Check out the intuit home page to determine which product best suits your needs.  There are numerous options for both download and online
  3. Multi-member LLC tax returns can be complicated, especially the initial year.  I would recommend that you consult with a tax professional at least for your initial year to get started on the right path and help you understand the nuances of partnership tax.

Thanks. A couple follow up questions. Will the business version be available for Mac? And correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like I would need both the business and personal version? Not home and business, right? Just the personal?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@avoidants wrote:

Thanks. A couple follow up questions. Will the business version be available for Mac?

TurboTax Business is not available for Mac and will not be available for Mac. It is only available for Windows.

@avoidants wrote:

And correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like I would need both the business and personal version? Not home and business, right? Just the personal?

Yes, you need both TurboTax Business and a personal version. TurboTax Home & Business is a personal version. But you can use any personal version. It does not have to be Home & Business. TurboTax Business is the only version of TurboTax that is not a personal version.

Since its the first year for the business, I am going to take your advice, or whoever posted that, and hire a professional to do at least the business part of the taxes. I might let them do the personal part as well.

Phillip

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies