Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reference code 9021 don’t want to wait to receive the notice I need to appeal

I adopted my child a few months ago but have had custody of her for 3 years now. The past 2 years bio father illegally claimed her useing her original social number. I filed useing her new social number and apparent that was the wrong thing to do becuase they removed her from my taxes so I didn’t receive 4000$ I was supposed to receive for her . That number was higher becuase they owed me money from last years stimuluses that I didn’t get becuase of him claiming her last year illegally as well! I am so over this I can’t wait for next year when her new social will be fine to use and I don’t have to keep going through this bs becuase of this looser who is no longer her father and has no rights and hasn’t seen her in three years. Now I need to find a way to get ahold of the irs to explain the situation and have them give me the money for her that I rightfully deserve as iv had her for three years and adopted her. I don’t know how to get ahold of the irs I am at a loss right now. If I can manage to get ahold of a appointment line with my local office do you think this is something they would be able to help with weather I have to file a appeal to there discussion of un qualifying her on my taxes or whatever I have to do but it’s not right I need to do something and I am completely lost due to not being able to get ahold of anyone to get info on what I am supposed to do now so I don’t loose out on 4k that I legally mine while this looser has recieved 10k the last two years for a child her hurt and abandoned. 😡😡😡 I’m so over it. What can I do, what form can I file, and where . 
thank you 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Reference code 9021 don’t want to wait to receive the notice I need to appeal

Duplicate post.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies