Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

peteopo
Returning Member

Using TurboTax Business to file 1041 for estate. Review finds error on Beneficiary worksheet, but does not allow any entries to address problem. What to do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Using TurboTax Business to file 1041 for estate. Review finds error on Beneficiary worksheet, but does not allow any entries to address problem. What to do?

What type of errors? Can you be more specific?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I don't find a reference to a beneficiary worksheet in the program. It may appear on a schedule or form, can you tell us what schedule or form you are seeing the error message on? The beneficiary's share of trust income and expenses is reported on the schedule K-1. Entries to that schedule come from a worksheet called Amounts to Allocate to Schedules K-1 Worksheet. You can make entries directly on most of the lines in that worksheet that will populate on the schedule K-1. If you see an item that needs adjustment in the error message you are seeing, you may find that item listed on this worksheet so you may be able to correct things there. You bring up the worksheet by using the Forms icon on the top right of your screen in TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This?:

Untitled.png

peteopo
Returning Member

When I run the Federal Review I got an error which sent me to the List of Beneficiaries. Text reads "Beneficiaries percentages do not equal 100%" No entries are allowed on this page. The information seems to flow from a worksheet on the K-1 pages. The program appears to require percentages even though the form itself reads "Enter dollar amount... OR enter beneficiary's percentage..." Entering both seems to satisfy the Review. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies