Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Education
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question
On August 24, 2022, President Biden, Vice President Harris, and the U.S. Department of Education announced announced a three part student loan debt relief plan to help federal student loan borrowers following the pandemic. The three part plan include... read more
Community Manager ‎Posted August 24, 2022
Is there a glitch in the "Choosing a larger education credit" area? Everything is perfect before I get to that page: Then I get there and it says "you've already told us you want to treat $7,399 as a taxable distribution eligible for an education cre... read more
TheBeaz ‎Posted 2 weeks ago | Latest post yesterday by Hal_Al
@Hal_Al On another thread, I received the answer linked and copied below (scroll down), and I am trying my best to follow the steps but it isn't working. I cannot figure out the proper sequence of clicks, button presses, whatever, to find the screens... read more
ualdriver ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Sunday by ualdriver
I intend to charge him interest and the term of the loan will be about 4 months
dhornbytax ‎Posted Sunday | Latest post Sunday by Bsch4477
How do I remove the Lifetime Learning Credit?
eriebabe2017 ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Saturday by Hal_Al
Hello, my wife is compensated as a post-doctoral candidate through an NIH T32 grant. We do NOT receive any document for this income, which is 56,750 for 2023. No 1099, nothing. The university website claims we should be estimating taxes to pay on thi... read more
jallynkelley ‎Posted Saturday | Latest post Saturday by Hal_Al
On the 1098-T form, I have two fields highlighted under "Identify Student (required)". The instruction reads to "Double-click to link this 1098-T", but nothing happens when I double-click. There are two fields that are "yellow" next to "A" or "B", ho... read more
mcgratherin-live ‎Posted April 15, 2023 | Latest post Friday by theraputty
I'm wondering if you receive Ch 33 book stipend, can you still claim the deduction of books as expenses on the American Opportunity Tax Credit? The stipend similar to that of the BAH can be used to pay for anything. You can purchase a dog with it if ... read more
larockmanhere ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Thursday by larockmanhere
Here's my situation:$8602 - I paid this in tuition for 2023. This is listed in box 1 on my 1098-T for 2023.$10796 - Amount that my employer reimbursed me in 2023. This includes $8602, plus $2194 (for tuition in 2022, but was paid to me in 2023). Of t... read more
bgerry ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post Thursday by Hal_Al
emaildianahall ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by DawnC
I paid my daughter's Spring 2023 tuition in 2022 from a 529. She received a refund in 2023. This refund was redeposited into the 529. TurboTax will not allow me to report the redeposited refund on the 2023 return because it exceeds the amount that wa... read more
mrsystem ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by Hal_Al
I've currently been in Florida attending college since Aug 2022. I'm from Indiana, that's where my parents are. They support me with food money, but grant money covers rent. I have an Indiana driver's license, and because of this I had to register to... read more
morganigeis3 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post Wednesday by morganigeis3
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies