There is no maximum income limit for TurboTax Free Online. However, for 2021 there are some restrictions.
If you are under 25 it is Free regardless of your tax situation or income level. You can read more about this offer on our website: 25 or under? File your taxes for free.
If you are over 25, you can still use TurboTax Free Online if you have a Simple tax return. Simple tax returns include:
- Employment income
- Pension income
- Other employment income such as tips
- RRSP contributions
- Child care expenses
- COVID-19 benefits and re-payments
- Unemployment (EI) and social assistance
- Worker’s compensation
- Disability amount
- Worker’s benefit
- Amount for eligible/infirm dependents
- Tuition, scholarships, bursaries, grants, student loan interest
- Caregiver tax credit
- Disability transfer
- Home accessibility tax credit
- Tax on RESPs and RDSPs
- Tax installment payments
- Age amount
Income, credits, and deductions not listed above are not covered by TurboTax Free Online. You can still start for free, but TurboTax Online will automatically upgrade you to the correct version of the software if you have something not listed above.
Thank you for choosing TurboTax.