Proper version for investments

I have investments (stocks and funds and ETFs) and thus dividend income and capital gains and losses.

Can this truly only be reported using the Premier online version ($35 per return) and not with the Deluxe version ($21 per return)?

Similarly, if I get the downloadable version (TurboTax desktop), do I need the Premier version ($83) because the Standard version ($38) cannot process investment related items?

I'm not sure if they have drastically changed the pricing and product offering, but in the past I have used the CD version that was about $45, and it was able to handle investments.

Finally, if I am able to report investment income/losses with any of these versions, then what do the more costly versions have that the more economical versions do not?  

Investors and rental owners

If you are using TurboTax Online, you will need Premier or Self-Employed to claim investment income.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, we recommend Premier as it has more guidance relating to investment income, but you can use any version as they all include the same tax forms.